Vinarija Citluk Kameno

PRODUCER

COUNTRY

Bosnia & Herzegovina

DESCRIPTION

Kameno translates into “Stony”, named after the broken down limestone filled vineyards. The most prevalent white grape in the region is Žilavka, which makes up 90 percent of this wine (Bena, a blending grape, accounts for the other 10 percent). It comes from Mostar, the region’s fifth largest city and also a wine appellation which is just 10 miles from the Adriatic Sea.  This wine is sophisticated, mineral, slightly lemony, and lightly acidic — it’s great as a summer aperitif or with fish, oysters, or shrimp.